In this article, I will tell you how to prevent someone whom you’re calling from seeing your phone number. You can do this on virtually any phone using a code prefix before dialing the other person’s number. If you just want to call using a different number than your own, consider using Google Voice instead of blocking your number.
Make Your Phone Number Private
Determine your phone’s block code. You can use one of the following block codes to hide your phone number behind a “Private” or “Unknown” heading:
- *67 – Most North American mobile phones; Canada landlines.
- #31# – AT&T North American phones; Canada mobile phones.
- 1167 – Most North American rotary phones.
- 141 – UK phones.
Open your phone’s Phone app. Tap the app that you use to make phone calls from your phone.
Dial the block code. Enter the code that correlates with your phone, symbols included.
- Depending on your phone, you may have to tap the Dial or Keypad tab before you can dial.
Enter the phone number. Type in the number of the person whom you want to call. Make sure that you include the country code if necessary.
- The final result should look something like this: *67 (123) 456-7890
Press the “Call” button. Doing so will call the number as usual. Unless the other person has installed an app that unmasks incoming private calls, they will not be able to see your phone number.