Windows Explorer is the default browser on earlier Windows versions now it is replaced with Windows Edge browser. We all know Windows Explorer is an old browser so for that Microsoft also releases some update so, in this article, I will tell you How To Update Windows Explorer.
How To Update Windows Explorer
Any version of Internet Explorer other than version 11 is now obsolete and shouldn’t be used. They may have undiscovered security problems, and if any such problems exist, they will now never be fixed, leaving you vulnerable to attack.If your version of Windows supports it, you could switch to Microsoft’s new browser: Edge.
1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. From the top of the browser toolbar select “Help”.
3. From the drop-down panel select “About Internet Explorer”.
4. A window will appear displaying the version number.
1. Save your work and close all programs on your PC.
2. Start Internet Explorer.
3. From the top of the browser toolbar select “Tools”.
4. From the drop-down panel select “Windows Update” which will display the Microsoft Windows Update web page.
5. On the resulting web page click “Product Updates”.
6. Scroll down the next page and check the box next to the latest version of Internet Explorer. Do not check any other boxes on this page.
(At the time of this writing, version 5.5 was the latest).
7. Click the blue “download” arrow. Confirm your selection on the “Download Checklist” web page.
8. Click “Start Download” under Step #3. Click “Yes” on the “License Agreement” window that appears.
9. A gray panel entitled “Microsoft Windows Update” will appear while the setup program is downloading to your hard drive.
10. Once again, a white and blue “License Agreement” panel will appear. Accept the agreement and click “Next”.
11. Choose “Install Now – Typical set of components” and click “Next”.
12. At this point, an installation progress window will appear while the upgrade proceeds for several minutes.
13. When the upgrade is complete, select “Yes” to restart your computer.